Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Exhibit Process-Publicity

Item #2 Design Development -Publicity

Notes and plan for flyers/postcards

1. Choosing the Items:
After each person has decided which item they want to feature on the postcard, I might want to photograph the object again. So if each of you can let me know which object you have chosen (description and #) I will take it from there.

2. Terri: I already have the logo's (Sac State, museum map, and ASI - if needed) and the address header. As for the parking stamp; in the past I typed something on the back for the postcard "This is your Sacramento State Parking Permit (for Art Reception only) Valid XXXX after Xpm in student spaces (Not valid in Parking Structures II) Place on driver's side of dashboard facing out" I then send it off for approval. Please let me know if something is changed and a pre-printed stamp now exists.

3. I would like to have the Postcards/Flyers ready for approval by March 10th - I hope.
Projected completion dates:

- 2/24:
Identify Objects
Determine financial support - Sponsorship

- (1/3-3/3) Photograph objects as needed

- (3/4-3/9) Create flyer and postcard

- 3/10:
Present final draft of postcard and flyer to class
Determine quantity of postcards (# per Student) and number of flyers needed
Make final changes to postcard and flyer

- 3/11 Send to CSUS approval (need appropriate person's email address - sending via PDF)

- (3/15 based on approval)
Postcards for final print -
I have an account for printing the postcards, then I submit an invoice to department for reimbursement by CSUS. Or if the Anthropology budget handles printing differently, I can discuss with Terri the best option.
The flyers will be sent to Cristi Hunter via pdf.

-3/17
Determine areas off campus for flyer distribution
Provide a stack of postcards for each student to distribute.

(TBA - before Spring Break) Post Flyer on website and throughout campus.

17 comments:

  1. Im confused about the postcard is everyone picking one of their items to be on our own postcard or are we decided as a class for 1 item to be on 1 postcard. From what I have read it seems like people are suggesting one of their items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is going to choose an object. I will go through all of them. It may end up being to cluttered, which means I can use some on the flyer or just remove some. Take a look at Terri's item#2 under publicity - she discusses the possibility of using all the objects. Let me know which item you want to use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok thanks I want to use my mini baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The item I would like to use is the birch bark basket from British Columbia -
    BAS 21/74-32-2-9.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to use the basket (or, it kind of looks like a hat?): BAS0040 74-32-2-41.
    Thank you, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to use BEA 51 which is a beaded pouch with a flower design on the front. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michele, This is Vanessa and I would like this one for the postcard, 17-BAS0150-74-32-2-22.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello michele, i would like to use the shamans basket as my choice for the postcard. the acc.# is BAS202 74-32-2-3, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to use the beaded gloves, BEA 107.

    awesome! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holly already picked a birch basket so I will go with BAS0178 74-32-2-7 instead of my birch basket...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to use the household basket, BAS0015 74-32-2-16. Thanks for doing this, I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to use the Pomo twined basket. 74-32-2-36 or BAS0148

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle, I would like to use the redbud rim with attached weaving from the damaged burden basket BAS98 74-32-2-33. It is photo #5 in snapfish or you can take a new one, whatever will work best. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. A detail of my beaded pouch will give the postcard some nice color - BEA0052 74-35-66. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to use BAS147 74-32-2-18 with the red feather detailing...or even CER257 80-1-34; but I'm sure the basket would fit the flow of the postcard images better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stacey and Marina--I've just posted a note about the beaded bags. They are not Cotton items (despite a 1980s inventory/database suggesting that they are); neither is the basket chain. So, we will not be featuring them on the post card. I will assign you replacement artifacts (we have a few). The mocassins, gloves, beaded heart frame, and olla are all Cotton items, so no worries there for anyone thinking that they wanted to feature them on the postcard.

    ReplyDelete