I met with Stacey Wong last Friday to discuss the Deed of Gift assignment and decide on our approach. We chose an object, and Stacey is the Registar and I am the Donor. We chose an old photograph/negative of mine that could be an interesting piece of Sacramento Railroad history.
I spent a couple of hours researching Cotton. I am interested in where and when he collected his objects. I found great newspaper blurbs (in the Placerville Mountain Democrat) relating to his multiple visits home to Placerville. I will create a new blog entry related to the information I found, just in case someone is interested in his early years.
The rest of my time was spent doing minimal research on my objects. My goal tomorrow is to decide when I can photograph the objects for the postcard and spend some time getting to known the objects I have to research.
all gone
16 years ago

See you on Monday at 1:00. If you think about it, send me a reminder (but I'm going to set an alarm on my outlook webpage right now.
ReplyDelete